Little Kings Equine Rug Wash offer Rug Washing & Repair Services throughout West Wales, Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion from our base in Narberth.
Rug Washing Prices start from as little as £6 per wash with repair work from £2.50. We offer free horse rug collection and return to and from your home or yard, alternatively drop your horse or pony rugs with us in Narberth, Pembrokeshire - Click here for directions.
- Wash and re-proof turnout rug (including combo) - £15
- Wash turnout rug - £10
- Wash stable rug - £8
- Wash fleece / cooler / summer sheet - £6 each
- A load [black bag full] (numnahs / saddle cloths / boots / travel boots / bandages) - £10 per load.
- Dog beds - £6 each
- A load of dog beds [black bag full] - £10
Discounted rates for 10 or more rugs at one time.
Horse Rug Repair Prices;
- Small patch (4" square) £4
- Medium patch (6" square) £6
- Large patch (12" square) £10
- Surcingle Long £5
- Surcingle short £3
- Leg straps £2.50 each
- Buckles £4/£6
We are happy to quote you on all repair work before we do anything. If your rug is not worth repairing we will tell you before we start work.
You can drop your dirty rugs to us at our collection / drop off point at A1 Servicing, Unit 1, Narberth Bridge Business Park, Narberth, SA67 8RA or alternatively we can collect your rugs from your home or yard. Read more about collection here.
Pre-Drop Off Check List
- Please bag-up your rugs
- On arrival please complete order form & supply full contact details
- Alternatively download the form here & print it
Drop Off Point Map - A1 Servicing, Narberth.
Pre-Collection Check List
- Please ring us to arrange collection
- You don't need to be home when we call
- Just let us know where the rugs are stored
The Rug Washing Process
We have our own Primer equine rug washing machine, designed to wash and reproof horse rugs. The machine has an 18kg drum to allow good movement of the rug inside the machine for a better cleaning result. We use nikwax rug wash and rug proof on our rugs, nikwax rug wash is a natural vegetable based soap cleaner for all animal rugs and beds, it is water based and flurocarbon free. Nikwax rug proof adds durable water repellency to your rugs, while still maintaining breathability We add the nikwax proof to the machine during the wash cycle, this ensure the treatment goes right through the rug treating the seams, straps as well as the fabric. Nikwax proof DWR (durable water repellency) develops on air drying.
We do not use any heat to dry our rugs, as the nikwax proof product works best when allowed to air dry naturally. We hang rugs to dry outside in fresh air on dry days, and in our drying room when the welsh weather is against us!